Employee Appreciation Day Is Almost Here. What Do You Have Planned?
Mark your calendars, folks! Employee Appreciation Day is March 1st, 2013.
While some bosses envision the events of this day going something like this:
…many employees envision this festive Friday event as something more along the lines of this:
Hopefully, there won’t be this kind of drastic disconnect in expectations at your place of work, but rather an excellent opportunity to improve employee satisfaction and create a stronger team atmosphere, as well as have a bit of fun yourself.
So, how do you plan to show your team gratitude for their contributions?
While buying the office lunch or giving everyone the afternoon off are popular ways to celebrate Employee Appreciation Day, there are certainly many other ways to express your gratitude for their hard work and efforts towards the success of your business. Some simple, yet fun ideas include:
- surprise your staff with a bagel & muffin buffet in the morning
- bring in a masseur/masseuse to provide mini massages to the staff
- give gift cards to a local merchant or restaurant
- leave movie passes in each employee’s in box with a thank you note
- have a “team photo luncheon” then post the pictures in your office’s break area
Got a great idea of your own? Please share!