Employee Appreciation Day is just five weeks away. How will you tell your team that they are awesome?
Friday, March 6th, is Employee Appreciation Day. Are you ready to celebrate?
Last year, we asked readers for some suggestions and stories on how to show appreciation to your workforce in unique and meaningful ways. We were pleasantly surprised with some great examples of employee appreciation and shared them here on our blog. (You can read all about them here.) This year we are again asking you to share your stories and suggestions with other employers. Please use the form below to tell us what you do to show your team how important they are to your organization. We will share a selection of the ideas submitted by readers here on March 5th.
Not sure how to join in on the fun and positive recognition on Employee Appreciation Day?
Whether you have participated in this holiday before or not, it can be hard trying to come up with good ways to recognize your employees’ contributions to your company. Most employers’ days are pretty hectic and busy to begin with. If you are stumped, no worries! We have a few ideas you can try or riff off of for your own celebration.
Here are some last-minute ideas for showing your workforce you appreciate all that they do:
- Order in a break room platter of bagels, sandwiches or snacks
- Give gift cards that they can use online or locally
- Present potted plants for their desks with a hand-written card personally thanking each employee
On a tight budget? Here are some ideas that cost little to nothing:
- Let employees leave early or come in late for a day
- Have a pot luck, where everyone brings in something to share and show their own appreciation of each other
- Hold a group meetings and share with the group(s) what you appreciate about each employee
And don’t forget our annual Cartoon Employee Hall of Fame induction!
Last year we welcomed Ranger Smith, from the classic Yogi Bear cartoons of the 1950s and 60s. He joined such colorful luminaries as Fred Flintstone, SpongeBob Square Pants and Homer Simpson in the myHR Partner Cartoon Employee Hall of Fame. Who will grace this hallowed hall of exceptionally memorable cartoon characters this year? We’ll unveil the name the first week of March. Have a suggestion? Please email us your nominee!