NetSourcing is our name for social media outreach.
While active recruiting methods such as placing job advertisements are excellent ways to reach a broad audience of candidates fast, social media offers an opportunity to target active and “passive candidates” who were not aware of your job openings!
Active candidates are actively seeking employment, but may have missed your advertisements posted on regular job board sites, website, etc. Passive candidates are not actively seeking job openings, and can be made aware of your opening through a targeted approach of reaching out to them where they hang out, on the cloud!
You don’t have to be a headhunter today to meet passive candidates. By utilizing the abundance of opportunities to reach candidates via social media and the web, we take advantage of the “ripple effect” created by not only reaching out to candidates, but seeking their help to share your job openings—or even help them go viral! We like to consider NetSourcing, as this century’s version of employee referrals, but with a much further reach.
The benefits of NetSourcing include:
- Mobilizing social networks and the web for finding candidates.
- An approach that often creates a viral effect to spread the word about your new openings.
- Knowing your hiring investment goes towards contacting the exact types of candidates you’re seeking.
- Utilizing social media tools as a step prior to investing in an expensive headhunter/recruiter.
- A ROI that may include multiple hires and/or a pipeline of talent for future hires in this functional area.