Stop Walking on Eggshells While You’re Asking Interview Questions
It was official: Susan hated conducting interviews.
It wasn’t like she’d admit that to her boss or anything, but if she was really being honest with herself, she just couldn’t seem to get excited about interviewing and screening candidates for hire.
Susan considered herself a pretty likable person, and she got along great with her fellow managers and colleagues, but for some reason she had trouble finding the right interpersonal balance with prospective candidates. She knew she should make a prospective new hire feel welcome during the interview, but could she ask how their weekend was? Where they grew up? Where their kids went to school? If they’d been fired before? What about when the candidate asked about her life? What information was OK to provide, and what wasn’t OK? Susan hated the feeling of walking around on eggshells during the interviewing process.
Luckily for Susan (not to mention the candidates she was interviewing), she attended hireVision’s “HR Essentials for Management 1.0” training session. After the workshop, the answers to her questions became clearer. She even walked away with a resource guide on acceptable and unacceptable interview questions. From that point on, this document was never far from her side. After getting her “HR Essentials”, Susan wouldn’t say she loved interviews, but she certainly didn’t hate the process anymore either. She had the tools she needed, and interviewing was no longer a problem for her.
Now, if she was really honest with herself, it was on-boarding that she despised. Susan hated on-boarding …
If you’re like Susan, join us on Tuesday May 14th for your HR (including interviewing) Essentials! Register here: http://bit.ly/YNLk2J
If you’re like Susan, join us on Tuesday, May 14th, for your HR (including interviewing) essentials.
In our next MODERN EMPLOYER Talent Management Training Workshop, “HR Essentials for Management, 1.0”, we’ll be discussing HR matters from hiring through terminations, and everything in between. Our goal is to take the fear and uncertainty away from termination meetings and related employee performance matters, and help you build the HR foundation you’ll need to succeed in a management/leadership role.
- Learn ADA, FMLA, FLSA…critical laws every manager should really know!
- Get the hires you need by mastering effective and essential interviewing techniques!
- Protect your company! Improve your documentation processes and skills!
- Handle difficult situations better! We’ve included counseling and termination scenarios!
- You’ll get A 3-hour small classroom interactive learning session to maximize your individual experience
- Tools to take with you: a DOs and DON’Ts of interviewing guide, a manager documentation form to guide you through performance conversations and a checklist for employment terminations
Read more about the workshop below: